Tofu scramble is a great vegan option which is full of protein and imparts all the protein-y goodness one needs in their diet. This recipe literally takes about 5-7 minutes to cook and is my go-to dish every time I am getting late in the morning.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 7 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Easy
- Tofu – 250gms
- Onion – 1, small
- Carrot – 1, small
- Beans – 5-7
- Capsicum – ¼
- Green chilli – 1
- Coriander leaves – few sprigs
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – ½ lemon
- Salt – to taste
- Finely dice the carrot, beans, capsicum and onion.
- Take a non-stick pan and add a little oil.
- Add some cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Add the onions next and allow them to brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the other veggies, chilli and add salt and mix well.
- Let the veggies cook thoroughly for 3-4 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Grate the tofu and add it to the pan.
- Squeeze juice of half a lemon and top it up with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.