Made Risotto Bianco for my partner as he loves it. Served these in cute heart-shaped red bowls and got some chilled wine to enjoy it. We absolutely loved the creamy texture from the cheese and the richness from the mushrooms.
Do you love Risottos? They take some patience and skill to perfect. But once you make them, they are the most perfect and easy thing to make.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Hard
- Arborio rice – ½ cup
- Mushrooms – 1 cup, diced
- Onion – 1, medium
- White wine – ½ cup
- Vegetable stock – 4 cups
- Garlic Cloves -3
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Cheese – 1/3 cup, grated
- Salt – to taste
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Finely chop onion and garlic.
- Add them to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes until they turn translucent.
- Add Arborio rice into the pan and mix it with the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the rice is lightly toasted, add the white wine and cook the rice in it.
- Allow the wine to evaporate.
- Once there is almost no liquid left, add a cup of warm vegetable stock.
- Keep moving the rice constantly and allow the stock to evaporate.
- In the meantime, in a separate pan, add some butter and add the diced mushrooms and cook them for 4-5 minutes until the water evaporates and the mushroom are cooked.
- Repeat this process 3 more times till the entire vegetable stock is consumed and the rice cooks. Leave some liquid in the pan because the rice keeps absorbing it.
- Add a tablespoon of butter and grated cheese and mix well.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and serve hot.