My crispy baby potato is a twist to the classic British baby potato and mayo salad as I mix it with Indian spices to make it a bit more spicy and tangy to please my Indian taste buds. It’s quick and easy to make, and a crowd pleaser at your brunches.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
DIFFICULTY SCALE: Medium
- Baby Potatoes – 0.5 kg
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Parsley – stalks and leaves
- Hung Curd – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1
- Mayonnaise – 1.5 tablespoons
- Chat Masala – 1 teaspoons
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoons
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Boil the baby potatoes in salted water. Drain the water and peel the potatoes and keep aside to keep a bit.
- Add a tablespoon of oil in a bowl and mix chili powder and coriander powder to it and add the peeled baby potatoes to it.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a non-stick pan and add the potatoes. Keep tossing the pan till the potatoes become crispy on the outside.
- Finely chop onions and parsley with the stalks (as they are so flavorful) and add them in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, curd, chat masala, roasted cumin powder, lemon juice and salt to the bowl and mix well.